Commercial Collection Services
- Assembly Bill 1826 (AB 1826) requires all businesses and commercial centers in California that generate 2 or more cubic yards of commercial solid waste per week to arrange ongoing organic waste recycling services by September 15, 2020. Organic waste includes food waste, vegetable trimmings, plate scrapings, spoiled food, and excess food inventory. Businesses within commercial centers where a shared trash system is in place are also required to comply with AB 1826 if, collectively, all tenants generate 2 or more yards of commercial solid waste per week. The City strongly encourages property managers, restaurants, and grocery tenants to work together to achieve compliance with the law. For more information about California's organics recycling requirements is available from the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery. Please visit the California Organics Recycling website for more information.
- Food Waste recycling containers are available to restaurants and businesses. Containers are provided for interior and exterior collection of food waste. The food waste is turned into compost for reuse. Please contact CR&R to participate in this program at 877-728-0446.
- Assembly Bill 341 (AB 341) requires all businesses, both commercial and multifamily, in California that generate 4 or more cubic yards of waste per week to recycle. Participating in a recycling program will assist your business in meeting the new recycling requirement. Businesses may also donate, sell and/ or self-haul materials to a recycling facility. Information about California’s business recycling requirements is available from the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery. Please visit the California Recycling website for more information.
- Commercial customers that do not have space for or do not generate enough waste to require bin service may request residential size containers and be charged at the approved rate.
- Recycling bins and containers are available to commercial customers at no additional cost. In fact, if a commercial customer were to replace half of its trash bins with recycling bins, the customer could see their monthly trash collection bill cut by as much as 50%. Please contact CR&R if you are interested in replacing trash bins with recycling bins at 877-728-0446.
- CR&R will provide roll-off box containers to registered nonprofit groups for the collection of recyclables at no charge. All proceeds from the sale of the recovered recyclable material will be remitted to the nonprofit group at least quarterly.
Recycling OptionsPlease view the Commercial Service Guide for more information about CR&R waste recycling options.
Please view the Commercial Organics Flyer for more information about AB 1826 requirements for commercial businesses.
Please view the Business Recycling Guidelines for more information about what types of waste can be placed in each bin type.