A clogged dryer exhaust vent caused a two- alarm fire, and extensive damage to the upstairs and downstairs bedrooms of a two-story home in Rancho Santa Margarita on Sunday, January 31.
“The hose that leads from the dryer to the vent outside has to be cleaned periodically to make sure it (air) flows” said Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi.
A fundraiser will be held at Menchie's Frozen Yogurt on Saturday, February 13 to assist the family, who lost their home, possessions and pets in the tragic fire. Menchie's will donate 20% of their sales for that day as well as provide a location to drop off donations for these longtime residents of Rancho Santa Margarita
The family could use gift cards, size 3-4 diapers for the baby (plus 12 month size shirts, 9 month size pants, size 5 shoes, 12 month size jacket, socks, Sippy cups, Baby wipes, toys, etc.); Debi & Ariana - women's size 0 and 1, shoe size 7; Son-in-law - pants 32", shirts - Medium, shoes - size 10.5.
Menchie's is located at 30461 Avenida De Las Flores,Suite E. Saturday hours are 11 am to 10 pm.
Many thanks to Menchie's for their kind offer of help. We hope to see you at Menchie's this Saturday!
Copyright 2015 City of Rancho Santa Margarita. All Rights Reserved.
22112 El Paseo, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688Unsubscribe