Do I need a business license?
The City of Rancho Santa Margarita does not issue business licenses, however, a Certificate of Use and Occupancy is required for any businesses located within the commercial retail centers and the Business Park. For more information, please visit the License and Certification Requirements page.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a business license?
2. Can I run a business out of my home?
3. When is the Public Counter open?
4. How do I find the zoning designation or other information about a particular property or parcel?
5. What do I need to do to install new signs for my business?
6. I want to start a business in the City. What do I do?
7. How do I apply for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP)?
8. How do I provide comments/concerns on a development project during the review process?
9. How can I find out what is planned for a given property in the City?
10. How do I apply for a liquor license?
11. How do I apply for a permit to modify my parking requirements, setbacks, height limits, etc?
12. How do I obtain a Special Event Permit?
13. What are my setbacks?
14. What current planning projects are currently in the works?
15. What is a zoning ordinance?
16. Where can I obtain information about the City's affordable housing programs?