How do I obtain a copy of a crime, incident, or traffic report?
Reports and other documents requested without a subpoena, court order or specific statutory authority will be treated as a request made under the California Public Records Act. In order to identify responsive records and review them for possible exemptions, the Orange County Sheriff’s Department may take up to 10 calendar days to respond to a CPRA request and, if necessary, may take a reasonable period of time thereafter to produce the non-exempt records that are responsive to the request. Requests for reports may be done by email by downloading the Request Authorization for Release of Case Information form on the Support Services forms page of the Orange County Sheriff's Office website. Complete the form and email it to as an attachment.

The Request Authorization form may also be submitted by fax to OCSD Records at 714-834-5466, in person, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or mailed to at:
320 N Flower Street
P.O. Box 449
Santa Ana, CA 92702

The cost of a report is 15 cents ($0.15) per page with the exception of a Domestic Violence report which is released at no cost to the victim. If your request is approved, you will be contacted to arrange pick-up and payment of the report. If your request is denied, you will receive a written denial in accordance with Government Code section 6255(b).

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a crime?
2. I’ve filed a crime report, now what happens?
3. I was involved in a traffic collision and an officer took a report. What happens with that information and how do I get a copy of that report?
4. How do I obtain a copy of a crime, incident, or traffic report?
5. How do I file a report for a lost cellphone?