What are my setbacks?
A setback is the area or distance between a building or other structure and the property line, or if the property abuts a street, the ultimate right-of-way line. Setbacks are different in each zoning district. In order to find out what the setbacks are for a particular property ,a planner will help determine the zoning and setbacks for that property. A specific address, Assessor Parcel Number (APN), and/or tract and lot number are required for obtaining this information. Contact the Planning Division at 949-635-1800 for setback information. Additionally, this information is available in Title 9 of the Municipal Code.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a business license?
2. Can I run a business out of my home?
3. When is the Public Counter open?
4. How do I find the zoning designation or other information about a particular property or parcel?
5. What do I need to do to install new signs for my business?
6. I want to start a business in the City. What do I do?
7. How do I apply for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP)?
8. How do I provide comments/concerns on a development project during the review process?
9. How can I find out what is planned for a given property in the City?
10. How do I apply for a liquor license?
11. How do I apply for a permit to modify my parking requirements, setbacks, height limits, etc?
12. How do I obtain a Special Event Permit?
13. What are my setbacks?
14. What current planning projects are currently in the works?
15. What is a zoning ordinance?
16. Where can I obtain information about the City's affordable housing programs?