Residential Collection Services
Services for Single Family Homes & Multi-family Units
- Residential customers are entitled to four (4) bulky item pickups (material that does not fit into the trash container) per year at no additional cost. A bulky item pickup consists of a maximum of four (4) items per pickup or up to 20 bags of green waste.
- Residential customers are entitled to the collection of electronic waste (e-waste) at no additional cost.
- Residential customers may receive an additional recycling and green waste container at no additional cost.
- Additional trash and 3 or more recycling or green waste containers may be requested at an additional expense.
Requirements for Multi-family Unit Property Owners
Assembly Bill 1826 (AB 1826) requires multifamily properties and homeowner associations exceeding five units to develop a program to recycle green waste, rather than sending it to a landfill. Green/landscaping waste includes leaves, grass clippings, landscape wood waste, and weeds. Additionally, AB 1826 prohibits the disposal of landscaping waste in a multifamily's trash or recycling dumpsters. In order to comply with the law, a multifamily property can utilize any combination of these three options:
- Require landscape contractors to recycle green waste by hauling it to a composting/recycling facility.
- On-site processing through chipping or composting, and re-use on site.
- Self-haul green waste to a recycling, composting or agricultural facility.
Assembly Bill 341 (AB 341) requires all businesses (commercial and multifamily) in California that generate 4 or more cubic yards of waste per week to recycle. Participating in a recycling program will assist your business in meeting the new recycling requirement. Businesses may also donate, sell and/ or self-haul materials to a recycling facility.
Information about California’s multifamily recycling requirements is available from the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery's website.
Residential Recycling Brochure (PDF)
Multifamily Recycling Brochure (PDF)
Green Waste Disposal List (PDF)